A collection of doodles with a bit of commentary by RICK GREEN - your cartooning friend

Thursday, September 30, 2010

By Any Other Name Is Still...

I keep producing these Name Doodles. I like doing them so much that I decided to redo one for my wife, Marylynn. Her's was basically the first one I did. I think that my technique has gotten better, plus the coloring on the first one was just in the computer. I wanted to make one she could hold in her hand. And so, that's what I did.

Her favorite color is yellow and since she's from Texas, she's the yellow rose of Texas in my life. I know, I know... "Oh Gwarsh!"

We decided to "splurge" a bit on our weight loss thing last Friday night and went out for some Chinese. On the way there we swung by the port and I took some quick photos as the fog was rolling in...




What do you think?

10 comments:

MaBunny said...

Hi Rick! Sorry its been sooo long since I've hopped on by. Love the name doodle! Very colorful and fun. the pictures you took of the port are beautiful too. Hope you and yours are doing well.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

love it

Gaia said...

Lovely work and pics... great stuff as usual.

TastyJack said...

I'll be honest and say that unless you told me your wife name is Marylynn I wouldn't know what you had written.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

Thia is MJ

love love love the name thingys-letters are pretty much all i can draw....the fog and boats well i guess theyd be ships is awful purty...
doodles and what not
MJ

Alice said...

i love it, rick! these name doodles are so incredibly much fun! does she just love it, too?

Jolene Perry said...

My parents are boaters - I have SO many pictures of harbors its unreal. Great shots. My four year old son and I just had a great time exploring your blog.

Madison2590 said...

HEY :) well i have always loved to draw and doodle and write my name. So one day i was looking for something to draw and i found your Marylynn doodle and i thought it was really cool. So then i had to draw my name for a project in one of my classes and that's what i did! So just to let you know, you have greatly inspired me :))) IDK if you can view this but copy and paste this into the address bar to see it! :) THANKS for your help.
-Madison

file:///C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/get-attachment.aspx.jpg

Madison2590 said...

file:///C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/get-attachment.aspx.jpg

(copy and paste this ^^^^ into the address bar)
THANKS :) you inspired me to do this :)))) Thanks for all your help!
-Madison <3

Rick said...

Madison, Your URL doesn't seem to work. I pasted it in and my browser goes nowhere. I would dearly love to see your name doodle. You could e-mail it to this address, or use some other method for posting it...

r.l.green@frontier.com

Thank you for your kind words.

Rick Green